Because of You…
Friends of Rickover helps provide our students with experience that might otherwise be beyond their reach. Since our founding, we have awarded almost $100,000 in grants to fund scholarships, provide and enrichment programs for students and faculty, support cadets in their quest to go to college and purchase athletic and other equipment for the school.
Because of your support, over the past three years, we:
- Awarded the first Friends of Rickover scholarships
- Gave grants to students to enable them to attend college orientation days and to pay application fees
- Sponsored the Robotics Team
- Supported the Empowerment Days and student mentoring, important components of Social Emotional Learning
- Enabled more than 50 cadets to attend STEM camps
- Sent 12 female cadets to the Sisters Under Sail summer program
- Presented scholarships to the winners of the annual Churchill Essay Contest
- Bought e-books for the music department and special equipment for the art department
- Provided equipment for the baseball, Seals, swimming and archery teams
- Funded field trips for the English and History Departmentsand Etiquette Club
- Hosted student trips to the Lyric Opera and other cultural programs
- Paid tuition for Annapolis, Loyola University and SheddAquarium summer seminar programs
- Sponsored Sea Scouts, a program that benefits 50 cadets each year
- Helped send cadets to elite summer camps
- Hosted faculty events
And much more!
As school budgets continue to be cut and resources become more limited, the money raised by Friends of Rickover will be even more important to ensuring our cadets receive a well-rounded education and have the opportunities they deserve. We thank you for your past support and hope we can count on you in the future.